Abstracts submitted for MASCC/ISOO 2021 Annual Meeting will be published in Supportive Care in Cancer (electronic version only). A link to the electronic journal will be available here once it is published.
Submissions will re-open in October 2020.
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
All abstracts must be submitted via this webpage. Please note that the Annual Meeting Secretariat is not able to accept abstracts submitted via e-mail or fax.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- All abstracts must be relevant to supportive care in cancer
- Each abstract should not exceed 1500 characters.
- The abstract title should not exceed 150 characters.
- The following structure must be followed when submitting an abstract:
What is a Late-Breaking Abstract?
The late-breaking abstract submission is to allow submission of recent research results which may not have been ready for presentation at the regular submission deadline or would be findings that complete a comprehensive dataset ready for publication in the journal.
Please choose one of the following presentation types:
- e-Poster Presentation
- Proffered Paper (oral) Presentation
Note: The 2021 MASCC/ISOO annual meeting program will feature many more submitted oral abstracts than previous annual meetings.
The submitting author should also be the author for correspondence. An individual may be the submitting author on a maximum of two abstracts but can be co-author on any number of abstracts.
The presenting author may or may not be the submitting/corresponding author. An individual may be the presenting author on a maximum of two abstracts.
- Full first and family name(s) of submitting/corresponding author and all co-authors.
- Affiliation details: department, institution hospital, city, state (if relevant), country.
- Abstract title – The title is limited to 150 characters in UPPER CASE (e.g. COMMON BLEEDING DISORDERS)
- Abstract text – The text is limited to 1500 characters.
- Abstract topic – Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. Please choose from the list of topics.
- Keywords - Please enter 1 to 6 keywords that define your abstract. The keywords must be in English and can include numbers.
- Each abstract can contain up to three images or tables. The maximum file size of each image or table is 700 KB.
- Abstracts containing previously presented data are eligible for submission. However, inclusion of updated data is encouraged.
- The submitting/corresponding author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submitting it to the Secretariat.
- All notifications regarding abstract status, including notifications regarding abstract submission, abstract acceptance and scheduling, will be sent to the submitting/corresponding author. The submitting/corresponding author will be responsible for informing the other co-authors about the status of the abstract.
- The MASCC/ISOO 2020 Scientific Committee will determine acceptance for presentation at the Annual Meeting.
- One of the abstract authors must attend the Annual Meeting and present the abstract to ensure that the abstract is included in the Scientific Program.
- Only abstracts of presenting authors who have registered for the Annual Meeting and have paid the registration fee by the Early Registration Deadline – March 10, 2021 will be scheduled for presentation.
- The identity of presenting author can be changed until Early Registration Deadline – March 10, 2021.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility), or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Upon submission, the submitting/corresponding author confirms that the abstract has been proofread and that all information is correct.
- Changes to the abstract can be made until the submission deadline of January 15, 2021. The submitting/corresponding author accepts that the content of the abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the authors’ consent to publication (e.g. Annual Meeting website, programs, other promotions etc.).
- The submitting/corresponding author warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content (“Content”) provided to MASCC and MCI Group (hereafter, “The Organizers”). The submitting/corresponding further warrants that the publication of the abstract does not infringe on any third-party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- The submitting/corresponding author grants to the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract that does not comply with the above.
Should you have any questions with regards to the “MASCC/ISOO 2020: Abstracts”, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com