Dr. Esther Holgado received a degree in Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid in 2003. She specialized in Medical Oncology at 12 de Octubre University Hospital from 2005 to 2009.
She was Associated Professor of Oncology in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of CEU San Pablo . Dr. Holgado was awarded the title of Doctor in Medical Oncology from the University CEU San Pablo in 2015.
From 2012 to 2015, she has worked in the Department of Medical Oncology at the Madrid Norte Sanchinarro University Hospital, Madrid; Dr. Holgado was the Head of the Lung Cancer Unit from 2014 to December 2015 , engaged in the development in Inmunotherapy in Lung Cancer. From January 2016, she is Head of the Inmuno-Oncology tumors in Breast Cancer and Gynecological tumors at Ramon y Cajal University Hospital in Madrid and Head of Oncology Department of Baselga Institute of Oncology (IOB) in Complejo Ruber Juan Bravo, Madrid.
In addition to his medical specialties, she has expertise in Biostatistics (Several Advanced Statistic Courses have been taken)
Dr.Holgado is author of publications, specially about Immuno-oncology in prestigious journals like New England Journal of Medicine, and more than 50 communications at different conferences. She actively participates in the development of numerous national and international clinical investigations, especially in relation to drugs directed against molecular targets, new chemotherapy and immunotherapy agents.
1. Grávalos C, Cassinello J, Fernández-Rañada I, Holgado E. Role of tyrosine kinase inhibitors in the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2007. Nov; 6 (10): 691-9.
2. Castellano, D. E., Sepulveda, J., Diaz Padilla, I., Coronado, C., Holgado, E., Garcia Escobar, I., De la Rosa F., Villacampa F., Cortes-Funes, H. Sunitinib therapy for patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (aRCC): analysis for safety and activity on single institution experience—prolonged overall survival. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 26 (15_suppl), 16119-16119.
3. Grávalos C, Garcia-Sanchez L, Hernandez M, Holgado E, Alvarez N, Garcia- Escobar I, Martinez J, Robles L Surgical Resection of a Solitary Pancreatic Metastasis from Colorectal Cancer: A New Step to a Cure?. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2008. Vol 7, Number 6, pages 398-401
4. Arana E, Kovacs FM, Royuela A, Asenjo B, Pérez-Ramírez U, Zamora J; Spanish Back Pain Research Network Task Force for the improvement of inter-disciplinary management of spinal metastasis (Holgado E). Radiother Oncol. 2015 Apr;115(1):135-40. doi: 10.1016/j.radonc.2015.03.016. Epub 2015 Apr 10.
5. Brahmer, M.D., Karen L. Reckamp, M.D., Paul Baas, M.D., Lucio Crinò, M.D., Wilfried E.E. Eberhardt, M.D., Elena Poddubskaya, M.D., Scott Antonia, M.D., Ph.D., Adam Pluzanski, M.D., Ph.D., Everett E. Vokes, M.D., Esther Holgado, M.D., Ph.D., David Waterhouse, M.D., Neal Ready, M.D., Justin Gainor, M.D., Osvaldo Arén Frontera, M.D., Libor Havel, M.D., Martin Steins, M.D., Marina C. Garassino, M.D., Joachim G. Aerts, M.D., Manuel Domine, M.D., Luis Paz-Ares, M.D., Martin Reck, M.D., Christine Baudelet, Ph.D., Christopher T. Harbison, Ph.D., Brian Lestini, M.D., Ph.D., and David R. Spigel, M.D. Nivolumab versus Docetaxel in Advanced Squamous-Cell Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2015 Jul 9;373(2):123-35. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1504627. Epub 2015 May 31
6. Hossein Borghaei, D.O., Luis Paz-Ares, M.D., Leora Horn, M.D., David R. Spigel, M.D., Martin Steins, M.D., Ph.D., Neal E. Ready, M.D., Ph.D., Laura Q. Chow, M.D., Everett E. Vokes, M.D., Enriqueta Felip, M.D., Esther Holgado, M.D., Fabrice Barlesi, M.D., Ph.D., Martin Kohlhäufl, M.D., Ph.D., Oscar Arrieta, M.D., Marco Angelo Burgio, M.D., Jérôme Fayette, M.D., Ph.D., Hervé Lena, M.D., Elena Poddubskaya, M.D., David E. Gerber, M.D., Scott N. Gettinger, M.D., Charles M. Rudin, M.D., Ph.D., Naiyer Rizvi, M.D., Lucio Crinò, M.D., George R. Blumenschein, Jr., M.D., Scott J. Antonia, M.D., Ph.D., Cécile Dorange, M.S., Christopher T. Harbison, Ph.D., Friedrich Graf Finckenstein, M.D., and Julie R. Brahmer, M.D. Nivolumab versus Docetaxel in Advanced Nonsquamous-Cell Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2015 Oct 22;373(17):1627-39. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1507643. Epub 2015 Sep 27.
7. Holgado E., Perez JM, Wren A., Cortes J., Gómez-Pinillos A. Influencing cáncer treatment. The Lancet Oncology. Vol 16, December 2015. 2015 Dec;16(16):1591-3. doi: 10.1016/S1470-2045(15)00412-X.
8. Goldman JW, Crino L, Vokes EE, Holgado E, Reckamp K, Pluzanski A, Spigel D, Kohlhaeufl M, Garassino M, Chow LQ, Gettinger S, Gerber DE, Havel L, Ramalingam SS, Dy GK, Geese WJ, Li A, Blackwood-Chirchir A, Healey D, Brahmer J, Lopes G. P2.36: Nivolumab (nivo) in Patients (pts) With Advanced (adv) NSCLC and Central Nervous System (CNS) Metastases (mets): Track: Immunotherapy. J Thorac Oncol. 2016 Oct;11(10S):S238-S239. doi: 10.1016/j.jtho.2016.08.107. Epub 2016 Sep 22.